Last weekend, Ross and I made our first visit to Ruidoso, a touristy kind of ski town with a casino in New Mexico. I’d booked Ross a gig playing music for a yoga class there, so we headed in a few hours early to explore.
It reminded me of Estes Park, Colorado, the community at the base of the Rocky Mountains. There were tons of cute galleries and shops, including a boutique called 25th in Mid that I will definitely go back to for US-made tops at affordable prices. We also loved the bookstore, which also carries amazing backpacks and purses, games and gamer toys that are really fun.
I definitely want to return and visit the winery, but I did visit a local coffee shop for gelato, which was delicious despite the clueless staff.
Ruidoso was a fun place to spend a day or a half day, and it’s an easy trip from Roswell or Alamogordo. Have you visited Ruidoso?
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Listen to, subscribe and review our theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.