Well, it’s been one of those weeks here, but first of all, I hope you are well and staying warm! Much of the United States is dealing with unusual cold (with Texas particularly struggling), and we’ve had some of those cold temps in our RV here in New Mexico too.
The biggest bummer was that our space heater gave out – and killed most of our outlets in the RV in the process. That means most of the places we plug in aren’t working anymore – and we are very lucky we didn’t have a fire in the RV!
We’ve also had the nuisance of the campground turning off our water for several days in a row.
We are still sorting out next steps and whether insurance will cover the damage. In the meantime, the key for me to getting through this week has been gratitude.
Here are ten things I’m grateful for this week:
- Propane heat (and a nearly full tank)
- The extra income to order a new space heater without saving up for it
- Lots of delicious food we’d made over the weekend
- Bottled water
- Hot Hands hand warmers (I sleep with them on my toes, between two layers of socks)
- A working microwave and television
- Cell phone and internet
- Warm clothes
- My incredible family
So, I challenge you! What are a few things you’re grateful for this week?
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Take Ross’ online ukulele course!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.