This week, I’m finding myself less patient than ever navigating social media. In particular, it’s politics and feeling like our country is dissolving into chaos and we may not have fair elections this fall.
I’m finding myself unable to resist standing up to people who don’t acknowledge the ways that human rights aren’t being protected.
And as a result, I’m being made to feel like a bad person.
If you’re feeling the same, I’m sorry. And if you’re somewhere else on the political spectrum, that’s 100% fine – but please, whatever you do, don’t name-call, don’t insult, and don’t lump people like me all together. Have a 1 on 1 conversation with a friend. That’s how we learn to understand each other, find ways to get along and make change.
Lead with kindness. And don’t give up on it if your friend doesn’t come around to your point of view. Agree to disagree. And stay kind. Stay loving.
Sending a hug out to all of you this week. Take care, friends.
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Capital One 360 is one everyone can take advantage of to save money! Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Listen to, subscribe and review our theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.