This is the time of year when I take time to reflect.
Where was I at this time last year, and how much progress did I make?
What moved the needle for me?
Am I satisfied with my progress?
Am I proud of what I did, in spite of all of the challenges and pressures?
Ultimately, this reflection needs to be in balance. Shaming ourselves for what we didn’t accomplish or beating ourselves up isn’t the answer.
Likewise, brushing past our shortcomings and forgetting the ways we let ourselves down entirely risks us repeating mistakes again.
There is a gift in everything that happens to us, if we choose to see it. There is a gift in every choice we made, whatever the outcome, if we are lucky enough to make it through.
The key, though, is deciding there’s a gift, and then finding what it is.
And showing ourselves, and those around us, empathy is an essential part of the process.
I do this reflection work in several ways; on my own, in my mastermind, with close friends, and sometimes with a coach, like I did yesterday.
I will do similar work as I set goals and plan how I will hold myself accountable and set up great habits in 2023.
Today I celebrate me:
- I am a childfree coach supporting women and all who are ready to create a life they love
- I have made incredible strides in my mental fitness
- I have made professional gains in the arts and in my writing (and a bit in my speaking career too)
- I have gained a lot of clarity in my business
- I have shown love, and compassion, and supported many dozens of people this year, not least of all my family
- I’ve helped my clients improve their lives and find more joy and success
- I’ve started three new group programs
- I have had so much fun
- I have made new friends, strengthened existing friendships, and further contributed to and built community around me
I wish you joy and peace in this holiday season, whatever you celebrate (or don’t).
P.S. I do have at least one more spot in my mental fitness program for January. If you’d like an affordable route to accountability, peace, success, and even community, you can grab a spot on my calendar to learn more. Please book ASAP as I am taking some time off for the holidays and the group program starts the second week of January. Feel free to email rossandjamieadventure @ gmail.com if you don’t see a time that works for you.
P.P.S. What is the one thing you are celebrating yourself for as we close out 2022?