It’s been quite a month! We found an apartment on Prince Edward Island (remotely of course, with an on-the-ground generous friend touring for us), applied for our visas, have (almost) finished mapping out our travel plans back to NH and booking a few campgrounds, and of course we’ve continued coaching, teaching, and supporting clients.
I’ve been thrilled to see clients making progress in their lives. And I’ve been thrilled to see my own progress! But it’s been very, very easy to get overwhelmed.
The way I’m getting through that overwhelm feeling each day is to ask myself “What’s the one thing I could do today to move the needle? What’s the one thing I could do in the next hour to help us get to Canada?” Usually, the answer is obvious. And if it isn’t, considering that helps me to keep sight of what is NOT as important right now.
My main priorities?
Get to Canada.This is the one I pray about and focus on each day and throughout the day. We are getting to Canada in August.
Keep food on the table, aka support my existing clients.
Make time for my own daily self-care. It’s easy to let this slide, but I am absolutely firm on it, and I think it’s the number one reason I’m feeling happy every day (even on the tough days, there is happiness in the mix).
Spend time (usually virtually) talking to family and friends.
Check in occasionally in my Facebook groups, on social media, and via email so people know I’m alive.
You may not be about to move to another country. You may just be trying to get through the work day or through the night, or trying to stay safe or get healthy.
Take this as your sign that you aren’t alone. And focus on the one thing you can do to support yourself and your goals best.
Thanks for reading! And if you’re ready for some one on one support in reaching your goals, please reach out to me today.
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Take Ross’ online ukulele course!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.