“How am I regularly getting rid of the soul clutter I no longer need?”
Emily P. Freeman shared this prompt in her book The Next Right Thing, and I LOVED it.
How powerful is that?
Soul clutter. The cobwebs keeping you from making meaningful connections. The dust hiding your true desires. The distractions and disappointments. It’s both poetic and real.
What are you holding onto that you can let go of? What stories, what taunts, what hurts, what old patterns aren’t serving you any longer?
As she goes on to say in her book, it’s not that you shouldn’t hold onto anything, but that nothing should have a hold on you.
When we can let go of the stress of extra obligations, when we can declutter and destress and clear the decks, it’s in the stillness that we can hear our inner wisdom.
Clearing space, away from technology, away from the voices of others telling us what is or isn’t right for us, we start to hear that inner knowing. That’s when the wisdom comes. That’s when the answers appear.
Have you carved out any time for stillness or silence this week? When you do, what do you hear?
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums! His latest is a holiday ukulele album, and pre-orders are half price!
- Become a beta tester for Ross’ new online ukulele course!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Listen to, subscribe and review our theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.