During our recent visits to Santa Fe and Taos we stayed in Las Vegas, New Mexico. During our stay, we played music at the KOA and dodged a lot of thunderstorms and high winds.
In the midst of lots of work, we made time for a bit of exploring, and I’m glad we did. Here are three places we can recommend in Las Vegas (the first one, not the famous one):
Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge – I enjoyed the lovely almost loop/easy walk for learning about wildlife and admiring it. There are some nice lookout spots and a bigger hike too. A gorgeous spot I definitely recommend! Plus, it’s free.
Las Vegas Museum – I look forward to returning here for the Rough Rider exhibits. Looks super cool!
Storrie Lake State Park – Super beautiful. An affordable escape. Don’t miss at least a drive by.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day!
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Capital One 360 is one everyone can take advantage of to save money! Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Listen to, subscribe and review our theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.