Deming, New Mexico doesn’t have much. But let me tell you about one of the highlights.
Deming’s got a cute downtown, with a lot of vacant buildings, and it’s got an assortment of fast food options. It’s simplicity has made it a perfect place for us to hunker down and work. It’s also got a fabulous supermarket, Peppers, a rail trail and several parks, and it’s within a 35 minute drive of four great state parks.
But I’d be remiss if I didn’t direct you to the Mimbres Museum. Named for an ancient community known for their specific style of pottery, the museum is free to visit (donations welcome) and can easily take you 3-4 hours to explore in full. Seriously!
It’s got everything from dolls to pottery, pianos to coaches and much, much more. Here are some of the fun things I saw during my visit!
If you decide to visit, you’ll need to be able to walk in – they didn’t appear to be fully accessible. I also recommend visiting the Customs House across the street if it’s open during your visit. You’ll get a guided tour. But if you’re short on time, focus on the museum.
There’s also a really nice veterans’ memorial park next door that’s worth a stop.
I really was blown away with the depth of the collections in this museum. If you enjoy history or even just like collecting things, I bet you’ll find a lot to get excited about here.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week! Oh, and if you haven’t seen it yet, Ross and I entered the Tiny Desk concert series. Enjoy the video if you like, and thanks!
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Capital One 360 is one everyone can take advantage of to save money! Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Listen to, subscribe and review our theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.