Our adventures have continued in southern New Mexico, and though we both caught a virus that we struggled through for a few weeks, we didn’t let it slow us down too much.
This past weekend was especially fun. Friday, we made our way to Silver City, where we had a return gig at Diane’s Restaurant. After mailing out a yoga CD (thanks to everyone who bought them here) we drove about an hour north from Deming. It’s a gorgeous drive, and returning reaffirmed how much we love it there. We visited favorite old haunts, like the game store and Vicki’s Eatery for homemade ice cream, and new spots, like this incredible vintage shop where every dress I tried on looked incredible and the hats were absolutely gorgeous too.
After that, we headed to Diane’s, where we enjoyed a tasty meal, three drinks each (Jamie stuck to port and sherry!) and played three super sets. The audience loved it and showed their love, doubling our compensation with their tips!
The only downsides to the gig were that a) we didn’t get enough sleep and b) Ross missed the concert at the Las Cruces Uke Fest. But no worries – he spent the rest of the weekend soaking up workshops, assisting with sound and making new connections with people from across the country. I volunteered for a few hours too, and enjoyed the jam, but otherwise I occupied myself with visits to a couple of gardens and getting some work done.
After a wonderful weekend, we knew we needed to pack up and leave Deming. But with a few more days at our disposal, we decided a return to Tucson was a priority.
So we returned to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson for another round of animals, cacti and gorgeous views.
I also found a family of birds (with seven little babies!) and Ross, as always, made friends too.
Thanks for a wonderful stay, Deming! We highly recommend Roadrunner RV and look forward to returning someday.
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Capital One 360 is one everyone can take advantage of to save money! Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Listen to, subscribe and review our theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.