Hello! I may be a bit more quiet than usual right now, as Canada prep is INTENSE, to say the least. But I am continuing to make time for work, for fun, and for my hobbies.
If you don’t know this about me, I am obsessed with ice cream. I’ve actually had an ice cream travel blog since 2014 called In Search of a Scoop.
Making time to eat ice cream and to appreciate it, and share that appreciation, is a part of what lights me up.
What are your hobbies? Are you finding time for what lights you up right now?
If you aren’t, here are three suggestions for this week:
- Carve out time for your hobby. Maybe it’s 15 minutes. Maybe it’s two hours. But put it on your calendar.
- Make sure you’re making time for your absolute favorite hobby.
- Make a plan to invest in your hobby in some way, even if it’s way in the future. (Investing time and energy is valid, but investing money is a great way to treat yourself!)
I recently shared a guest blog with The Virtual Campground about the top five ice cream spots across the U.S. Collaborating with other people is a great way to spread the word about your work or passion, and it was my response to one of their weekly posts that led them to ask me to blog.
Check it out if you’d like some ice cream spots for your bucket list, and leave a comment with a) your favorite flavor of ice cream or b) the hobby or hobbies that you love.
Have a great week, and take care.
Supporting Our Blog
We are so thankful for your support of our blog and our careers! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Purchase one of Ross’ albums!
- Take Ross’ online ukulele course!
- Become a patron of our work!
- Make purchases via our Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using our affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support us, and we also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money.
- Subscribe to our blog, as well as perhaps InSearchOfAScoop.com, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from us, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.